This week I had a client consultation with a wildly successful female entrepreneur. She is a force to be reckoned with who just completely rebranded her company and felt like she needed to also rebrand herself. I love it when people take the necessary steps to elevate their success to even greater heights. When people are ready for change—there is nothing they can’t accomplish. However, all too often busy professionals and entrepreneurs tell me that they don’t have the time to plan their wardrobe, apply makeup or don’t want to fuss with their hair.
Here is your wakeup call—YOU CAN’T AFFORD NOT TO REPRESENT YOURSELF, YOUR BRAND OR COMPANY without making an effort! Assuming we are all in business to make money, we must sell ourselves and our services/products. For this new client, it was imperative to have a tough-love conversation at the onset of our working relationship so she had realistic expectations about the outcome of our time together.
Yes, I can:
- Teach you how to dress for your body;
- What colors look best on and off camera;
- What styles, brands and fabrics are the most appropriate for your lifestyle;
- Teach you how to dress strategically for the meetings you have and those that might arise unexpectedly;
- Work with a hairstylist to bring your look more current that also flatters your face, eyes and skin tone; and
- Work with a makeup artist to teach you how to do your makeup while still keeping your look “natural”, update your products and streamline your application process.
What I can’t do:
- Wake up with you every morning and mandate you take the time necessary to continue building your personal and professional brand. Well, I can—that comes with a hefty price tag!
You see, I can give you all of the tools and resources to look your best, feel more confident and close more business. I am not asking for your first born. I am asking that reconsider your routine and carve out 30 minutes to one hour each morning to allow yourself enough time to shower/bathe, 15 minutes for blow drying & styling, 7 minutes for makeup and 5 minutes for strategically getting dressed.
There are so few people in this world that can roll out of bed and look like a million bucks—if you know of someone, please let me know who they are! La Ladies, it doesn’t exist! If you are going to spend the money and time to rebrand your company and yourself, why would you not spend a few minutes each day to elevate and accentuate all of your greatest features?
Take a look at your business mentors and role-models or even those people you admire—chances are, they have indeed taken the time to invest in themselves each morning to represent their brand. What is holding you back?