Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:03:55 — 88.0MB)
Season 1, Episode 12; Intentional Influence Podcast:
Insider Secrets to Getting Camera Ready with Three Top Image and Branding Experts
In this Intentional Influence Podcast episode, guest host Ryan Rhoten talks with Styleology Group Founder Melissa Murray and powerhouse Lead Stylist at QVC Toi Sweeney. Together, they share their favorite tips for helping clients to ignite their personal brands in front of the camera.
Toi Sweeney is the Lead Stylist for QVC. With over 10 years of experience in the fashion industry, Toi is a leading authority on style. A fashion stylist to celebrity clients, television personalities and program hosts, Toi is an expert at creating one of a kind personal brands and elevating image to art. She is also a recipient of the coveted Telly Award, the premier award honoring the finest film and video productions, groundbreaking web commercials, videos and films, and outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials. Connect with Toi: Twitter, Facebook, Website.
Ryan Rhoten is the host of The BRAND New You Podcast. He is also a speaker and online personal brand specialist whose mission is to help career-minded professionals make an impact on their careers by defining and leveraging their personal brand online.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When it’s time to hire an image consultant
- How you might be sabotaging your personal brand
- 6 things to consider before stepping in front of a camera
- What an image consultant does that you can’t do
- The Moiré Effect and why you should care
- Secrets for dressing for the body you have… and feeling confident
- How to stop sweat in its tracks
- The shelf-life of a Color Analysis
- How to show up and take names when you aren’t feeling your best
In this episode, we mentioned several resources:
- Teeth Whitening: GOSMiLE Teeth Whitening System
- Sweat Products:
- Blog: Toi Sweeney
Related Articles, Books, Blogs and Videos on This Topic:
- Book: Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out by John Michael Morgan
- Book: Stand Out by Marcus Buckingham
- Book: Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation by Sally Hogshead
- Blog: Style Emergency – Will you be ready when opportunity knocks?
- Google Hangout: Sandra Dee Robinson interviews Melissa on What to Wear for Media Appearances and Video
- TED Talk: Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are.
Podcast Sponsor: The BRAND New You Podcast. Whether you are happy in your career or are actively looking for a change, The BRAND New You Podcast is dedicated to helping you make an impact on your career by uncovering and leveraging your personal brand so you can become a brand new you.
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe to the Intentional Influence Podcast on iTunes.
[…] Episode 12: Insider Secrets to Getting Camera Ready with Three Top Image and Branding Experts […]