Season 1, Episode 3:
How to Reignite and Reinvent Your Personal Brand
Welcome to Season 1, Episode 3 of the Intentional Influence podcast. In this episode, Nancy Michaels and I discuss how Reignite and Reinvent Your Personal and Professional Brand.
Nancy Michaels has undergone a complete physical, personal, and professional reinvention that few people can claim, and it has made her uniquely qualified to help anyone desiring a reinvention of their own.
A nationally recognized coach, speaker and writer, Nancy is a Huffington Post contributor and has been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, US News & World Report, CNN-FN, Fox, Inc.com, and The New York Post, among numerous other media outlets. For over a decade, she acted as Lead Consultant and interim host of Office Depot’s Web Café Series of online seminars for small business owners. She was also the first recipient of the Tom Peters “Wow Project Personified Award,” a Fast Company cover story for her reinvention work connecting Fortune 500 companies to small business customers. The author of Off the Wall Marketing Ideas (with co-author Debbi Kickham) and Perfecting Your Pitch, she at one time even worked as a publicist to Matt Lauer (co-host of the Today Show) and Tom Bergeron (of Dancing with the Stars fame) in their early days in Boston at WHDH-TV and WBZ-TV respectively.
But even as she was awarded the Small Businesswoman of the Year Award by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in 2005, Nancy found herself in a health crisis that would nearly twice end her life. In that year, Nancy underwent an emergent liver transplant and cranial procedure which brought with them significant medical complications that left her in a two-month coma. Waking up was a blessing; working to overcome the fallout of her ordeal was a battle.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why reinvention is not about abandoning your purpose
- How to leverage your success while reinventing yourself
- Make money even when you are in a coma
- Become a contributor to high profile business publications
- Connecting and securing the right sponsors for you and your clients
Join the Conversation
My favorite part of doing these podcasts is participating in the conversation they provoke. Each week, I ask one question. This week, it is this:
Question: How many times in your life have you reinvented yourself and what results came from your reinvention? You can leave a comment below.
Explore Additional Resources
In this episode we mentioned several resources:
- eGuide: Nancy Michaels’ Reinvention Roadmap
- Books: Stripped: Perfecting your Pitch, 49 Life Lessons Learned from Dying, Dating Success After 40, Off The Wall Marketing Ideas
- Google Hangout: What to Wear for Media Appearances and in Videos
- Brand Questionnaire: Flock Marketing
Related Articles, Books, Blogs and Videos on This Topic
- Blog: Your Personal Brand Wakeup Call
- Blog: Reinventing Your Midlife Relationship – With yourself
- Blog: Style Emergency – will you be ready when opportunity knocks?
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can do so by leaving a comment below. We’d love to hear from you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.