Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:10:32 — 97.1MB)
Season 1, Episode 4; Intentional Influence Podcast:
Makeup Tips for Looking Great on Camera
In this Intentional Influence episode, Melissa Murray talks with Ashley Fierro about Makeup Tips for Looking Great on Camera.
Ashley Fierro is a Celebrity Makeup Artist with more than 10 years in the business. She is the Founder of My Girls on Film Studio whose work has been featured on the cover of Martha Stewart and Exquisite Weddings Magazines, in numerous television pilots, various television and film, and works with clients worldwide.
My Girls on Film Studios is Southern California’s Premier Makeup studio for special events, speakers, television, film, photo shoots and weddings. Ashley Fierro and her Team at My Girls on Film Studios are known for their natural style of makeup. Making every client look like the famous version of themselves.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to apply makeup properly for camera work and still look natural
- What type of makeup you should have in your makeup bag for on-air appearances
- Understanding lighting, angles and brightness
- What type of makeup you should avoid for camera work
- The art of contouring properly
- Makeup for a green screen versus a staged studio set
- How and when to clean your makeup brushes
- Why men need makeup
- The Triangle of Life
- Preparation for a great on-air appearance
Join the Conversation
One of the reasons for doing this podcast is educate people and the conversations they provoke. This week, my question to you is this:
What challenges do you have when it comes to makeup application and keeping in natural? Leave a comment below.
In this episode we mentioned several resources:
- Books: Kevyn Aucoin Making Faces and Face Forward
- Contest: Exquisite Weddings & My Girls On Film Studios present – Win Your Wedding Day Look
Related Articles, Books, Blogs and Videos on This Topic
- Google Hangout: Sandra Dee Robinson interviews Melissa on What to Wear for Media Appearances and Video
- Blog: Style Emergency – will you be ready when opportunity knocks?
- Blog: Lose Weight at Feel Great for Your Media Appearance with Celebrity and Private Weight Loss Coach Sara Christensen, Part 1 and Part 2
- Blog: Your Personal Brand Wakeup Call
This episode of Intentional Influence is sponsored by Figure 8 Communications, Your Marketing, Messaging and Content Strategy Resource. To find out more about Figure 8 Communications, click here.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Share the Intentional Influence Love
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the podcast and our mission.
[…] Episode 5: Makeup Tips for How to Look Great on Camera […]